Eyewitness News has team coverage of a catastrophic fire that left 19 dead, including nine children at an apartment building in the Bronx.
About 200 firefighters were battling the five-alarm fire that started in a duplex apartment on the third floor of a 19-story high-rise building at 333 East 181st Street in the Tremont section of the Bronx just before 11 a.m. Sunday.
FDNY Commissioner Daniel Nigro says a malfunctioning space heater was the cause of the deadly fire. He says the space heater was being used to supplement building heat. Smoke alarms were operable